- 2/3 cup half and half or milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 croissants, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Syrup
Wisk first 8 ingredients in medium bowl.
Add croissants to egg batter and turn until thoroughly coated.
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add croissants and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Sift powdered sugar over. Serve with maple syrup.
Makes 4 servings.