A flavorful summer salad featuring yellow squash roasted with a spice mixture and tossed with feta and chickpeas.
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 handfuls of kale or lettuce
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Lemon Vinaigrette, for serving
Cut squash in to 1/4" thick wedges. Blend spices together and toss with squash and olive oil in a 9 x 13 pan. Cover and let refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight.
When ready, preheat oven to 375˚.
Bake squash until tender and beginning to brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
Toss squash with chickpea, feta, and your choice of greens. Drizzle extra olive oil to serve, if desired.