1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a half sheet baking sheet (15"x10"x1") with baking spray (the kind with flour in it) and set aside.
For the Cake:
2. Whisk together the eggs and almond extract in a large bowl. Add the cake mix and 1 (21oz) can cherry pie filling. Whisk until combined and then spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake for 23 to 27 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
For the Frosting:
4. Meanwhile, while the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. Combine the milk, sugar and butter in a small saucepan on medium high heat, stirring often, until melted. Bring mixture to a boil for just 1 minute then remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until mixture is smooth.
5. Pour the hot frosting over the warm cake and spread out to edges. Let cake and frosting cool completely (or serve warm with vanilla ice cream).
For the Topping:
6. Use a hand mixer or mixing bowl to beat the whipping cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
7. Decorate the top of the cake with the whipped cream and extra cherry pie filling. Use a vegetable peeler to shave off bits of chocolate from the chocolate bar to garnish the top of the cake. Slice and enjoy!